Accolades, Award or Notable Achievements
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC’s) (2012, 2015)
- Diagnostic Testing Training and Certification (2014)
- Kansas Center for Autism Research and Training (K-CART) Certification (2014)
- Nonviolent Crisis Prevention (CPI) Certification (2016)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification (2016)
- Outstanding Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Student Clinician Award-University of Kansas (2011)
- Selected as a graduate student trainee for the Communication, Autism and Technology Project, University of Kansas (2009-2011)
“This field gives me the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life on a daily basis.”
Emily is a Manhattan, Kansas native. She received a Bachelor of General Studies in Speech-Language and Hearing from the University of Kansas in 2009. She received her Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Kansas in 2011. Emily received her Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) in 2012 and remains an active member.
Emily is also an active member of the Kansas Speech Language-Hearing Association (KSHA). Emily has six years of experience working with children with a variety of communication disorders. She has been specializing in pediatric care since joining the No Stone Unturned therapy team in 2014. Emily has special interest in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). She is a member of the Autism Diagnostic Testing Team. Emily returned to Manhattan in 2011. She married Ben Johnson (another Manhattan native) in 2015. Emily and Ben enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling and participating in community activities.