Accolades, Award or Notable Achievements
- Language Acquisition and Bilingualism Lab, UW-Department of Communicative Disorders-Madison,WI: September 2008–June 2010
- Conducted a Master’s Thesis experiment with advisor, Margarita Kaushanskaya, Ph.D.
- ASHA Convention-Philadelphia, PA: November 2010, Technical Talk: “Language Specific and Conceptual Vocabulary Scores in Bilingual Children and Their Primary Caregivers”
- Symposium on Research in Child Language Disorders-Madison, WI: May 2010 Poster Presentation: “Language-Specific vs. Conceptual Vocabulary Scores in Monolingual and Bilingual Children”
- VitalStim certification, for use of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation in the treatment of Dysphagia in the Pediatric Population, September 2013 and recertification March 2017
“While starting my own practice has been challenging, the growth and progress I’ve been able to see in my patients has been most rewarding.”
Christina Britton, M.S. CCC-SLP, has been practicing as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Arizona since 2010. She has worked in various settings including hospital, outpatient clinic, and home-based practice across the Phoenix valley. In 2014, she started her own practice (Eat, Talk & Play Therapy, LLC) in
Scottsdale, Arizona to provide her patients and families with more one-on-one care and attention, providing a family centered approach to therapy in order to help children achieve their goals faster. Christina’s areas of expertise are with early intervention (birth to 5), Autism spectrum disorders, and feeding difficulties (birth and up). She also has specialty certifications in feeding that help her patients with dysphagia as well as sensory difficulties. While starting her own practice has been challenging, the growth and progress she has been able to see in her patients has been most rewarding. In the future, Christina hopes to get a teaching position at a local college or university to help spread her passion about the field of Speech-Language Pathology to the next generation of great Speech-Language Pathologists. Christina is the proud parent of 2 adorable dogs (Majerle and Henry), and the wife to her loving husband, Darrell. She enjoys hiking, reading, cooking, and gardening in her spare time.